Sunday, November 12, 2006

Offer accepted!!!

So I know I owe SEVERAL of you emails and follow-ups but I thought that one last entry into this blog explaining our last week followed by finally sending out the address to this thing might buy me a little time and fill everyone in at the same time :)

The REALLY good news - the offer we extended on a killer house in Kailua last night was accepted this evening!!! Here are the pictures from the MLS...


It's three bedrooms, one and a half baths, 1600 square feet. There's currently no guest accommodations which we promised to all of you but there is an awesome spot for a little guest house right behind the carport in the back yard. We plan to have it built in time for next fall\winter. It won't be big or fancy but will provide Hawaiian vacations to all our friends and family for a long time AND you won't have to stay under my roof, you can have you own :)

Our Realtor's husband is a contractor and we were lucky enough to have him tag along to a bunch of the showings. It was really helpful to get his input and expertise on many of the aspects of Hawaiian construction we are still learning about. He also was able to advise us on which places had the best potential for our guest addition. Think he wants a bid? If his wife's work ethic is any indication of his, he may just have the job...

Long story short though, this purchase along with all the other millions of things you have to do when you move to a new town, not to mention 4000 miles away, has kept me extremely busy. Bank accounts, new cars, mortgage pre-approvals, TB tests, and driving Yooper to and from work across the mountain and in rush hour traffic to name a few. On top of that you have laundry, cooking, and shopping, none of which are particularly easy when you have an outside laundry, none of the cooking toys I need (I had to buy a pasta pot because the largest pot in our rental is only three cups!), and have no idea which stores to go to or where anything is in those stores once I find the right one. Add in a very tolerant yet completely-sick-of-all-this four year old and you have a busy week at best.

The good news is that he starts preschool tomorrow. He's VERY excited. In fact he may finally be asleep but I don't think so and it's 10:30 as I write this. The bad news is that my employment paperwork is STILL not complete so I can't officially start until Friday this week. Paul, my new boss, has asked me to come in anyway as neither him nor Ku'ulei will be in next week so he'd like me to get acclimated and meet people and bank whatever hours I work as comp time. Great thing really since I have a feeling the next few weeks of getting into this house will require lots of attention.

It's been a busy few weeks to say the least but I promise to catch up with all of you individually at some point...

4 comments:

Jim Murphy said...

CONGRADULATIONS!! That place looks like it rules.

Car port will work just fine for us, i'd rather be out in the open and have room to run rather than be trapped with one of your man eating spiders.

Anonymous said...

This is a really good blog, Erin. The house looks great, can't wait to see it.
Eric

Anonymous said...

What an awesome house. I love it! The open floor plan is just what I am looking to have if we ever build.

Glad you started this blog. Helps me feel connected to you three which is saying something considering the distance.

I love you.
MOM

Jonathon said...

So...I kinda wanna move to Hawaii.