Thursday, November 23, 2006

Earthquake!!!

It was very small but unmistakable. 5.0 on the Richter scale. Tanner and I were watching TV while Yooper went up to the store to grab some last minute Thanksgiving supplies when the house shook. It was very short. Maybe five or six seconds total. Felt like when a huge rush of wind knocks into your house at the beginning of a monster thunderstorm. The whole house takes a bit of a blow and you hear all the creaking and trembling of the walls and joints. Then nothing. Still. I was sitting next to Tanner on the couch and grabbed his arm. I think that startled him more than the shaking of the house. After it was over he had this puzzled look on his face. "That was an earthquake," I told him. He got a huge smile. "That was it? That was an earthquake?" "Yep." Thankfully the first one was a small one. Really erased much of the fear he had about it. Really cool though.

Yooper didn't get the chance to feel it as he was in the car when it happened. Needless to say, he's really mad at missing another one.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

1 comment:

Liz said...

I can't believe I've missed every earthquake that's happened in the 3 years I've lived here... AAHHH!!!