Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Weekend in Kaua'i

One of the wonderful things about living in Hawaii is the insane amount of state holidays. Good for Tanner and I but bad for Yooper since he never gets them off with us. Last Friday was one of those days but this time it also happened that Yooper had to go to Kauai for a project at the Marriott. This meant a free room at a four star resort so Tanner and I were not going to miss that.

We flew in Thursday night. Friday was mostly spent by the pool with absolutely nothing else to do which was wonderful by me. I know that Kauai is the "Garden Isle" and all but I'm not going to leave a pool like that if I don't have to. Sorry. We'll see the island in earnest after the Super Ferry starts service and we can bring our own vehicle, dog, bikes, kid stuff, and camping equipment with us AND Yooper can come with us.

Yooper was hopelessly stuck in the construction trailer for most of Friday but a broken drill meant he got Saturday off after all. Our flight did not leave until after dinner so another full day at the pool for us :)








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Erin and Aren! What a great blog! Congratulations on the news - I am just getting around to hearing it! It sounds like eveything is great!

Please email me your update information! I would love to chat more! Take Care ~

Michelle and Michael Duclos
mduclos@med.unc.edu